Terms and Conditions – Use of Personal Data
This document outlines how Non-Resident Nepalese Association (NRNA) collects, processes, uses, discloses, transfers and stores information about its members to provide and administer NRNA services in and outside Nepal. Membership of the NRNA is personal and only available to persons qualifying as Non-resident Nepalese as per the official definition outlined in the association’s statute.
- Statement of Intent
As a registered association in Nepal with subsidiary organizations all around the world, we take our responsibility to safeguard your information very seriously and use your information solely in service of this mission. The goal is to bring a sense of belonging to one big umbrella through service offerings that exclusively cater to the aspirations of diaspora Nepali community.
- Validity of Membership
Membership is valid for two years, after a successful verification process. Membership to NRNA means membership of the global organization and relevant subsidiary or affiliated national organizations of NRNs in the country of residence of the member. A single membership card is issued that is valid in both jurisdictions.
With a valid membership of NRNA, the members enjoy a gateway to a common platform of global Nepali community and can stay connected with Nepal & Nepali Society. Members become part of the network with people having similar interest groups (physical & virtual) and enhance their capacity to negotiate with governments & organizations.
National Coordination Councils (NCCs), which NRNA affiliated organization outside Nepal, provide additional services to the members, which allows them to share Knowledge, Skills, Experiences & Initiatives. Members are entitled to use diaspora infrastructure for get together, networking, community services & programs from NRNA HQ and obtain technical, programming & logistical support for their social and philanthropic projects. This included but is not limited to the common platform to be united under NRNA Chautari.
Members enjoy discounts and privileges on products & services from established business houses in Nepal & abroad.
Members can take part in NRNA elections at various levels (Global International Coordination Committee (ICC), NCC and Local level (SCC/LCC/RCC/Counties- if applicable)
- Cancellation of Membership
Cancellation of membership, on any grounds, means that individuals can no longer benefit from associations programs and projects. Membership of all associated tools and systems will terminate with immediate effect after termination of the membership.
4.1 Cancellation through NRNA
In the event of misuse of the membership, damages to the reputation of the association or wilful harm caused, NRNA reserves the right to exclude the member(s) in question from the association. Such misuse may include, but not limited to, behaviour which is troublesome or shows a lack of respect towards the association or its partners, criminal actions or actions that are generally regarded to be unethical or contrary to the membership terms and conditions.
4.2 Cancellation by Members
Members can cancel their membership of NRNA with an advanced notice of 3 months. Cancellation must be made in writing and sent to our membership service department.
- Collection and Use of Personal Information
5.1 What personal information do we collect?
When a new member registers for membership account through the prescribed portal (NRNA membership website), we collect basic information about the members (name, address etc), documentary evidence to verify the identity of the person (passport, citizenship etc), information to contact the members (email, telephone etc) and contact preferences.
Depending on the requirements in the country of residence, the NCC are allowed to request additional information from the members in their respective country.
5.2 How do we use your personal information?
We use personal information to help us create, develop, promote, administer and deliver services from the association. From time to time, we may use your personal information to send you important notices, such as changes in our terms, conditions and policies. Because this information is important to your interaction with NRNA, you may not opt out of receiving these communications. We may use your personal information to keep you posted on announcements and news related to NRNA.
Once the membership is approved basic information (name, country & membership ID number, in some cases photo) of the member with new assigned Membership ID will be displayed in our website.
Members’ personal contact information will be shared to a vetted third party solely for election purposes only. The third party shall be restricted to share your personal information for any other purpose except election purposes.
5.3 Data protection regulation in NRNA
Personal information filled on that form will be stored on secured cloud system and will be visible only for authorized person from respective countries NRNA NCC board for verification purpose only, NRNA prohibits downloading and use of the data for personal purpose.
The processing of personal data at NRNA is either for the benefit of the members or for the legal requirements. In the processing and archiving of personal data, the NRNA also complies with data processing practice and data security instructions and good practices. The processing of personal data is monitored and the use of systems that include personal data is tracked.
5.4 Your rights and their enforcement
As a data subject, you have rights related to your own personal data and the processing of them at NRNA. You have, among other things, the right to know whether your personal data are processed at NRNA and which data are processed and request access to the data about you. You also have the right to demand a rectification of inaccurate personal data. The rights are enforced in different manners depending on the reason for the processing.
The obligation of collecting personal data is due to membership verification criteria of NRNA. You have the right to withdraw the consent that you have given at any time. To verify membership eligibility, you have to provide the necessary personal details, otherwise the service cannot be produced.
5.5 Further information
You can contact NRNA if you want to know more about the processing of your personal data.
Data protection officer
Subarna Shamsher Marg, Baluwatar, Kathmandu, Nepal P.O. Box 1189
- Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect information in a form that does not, on its own, allow a direct association with a specific individual. We may collect, use, transfer, share and disclose non-personal information to help us provide and administer the NRNA website, for example:
To help us better understand user behaviour and improve user experience, we may collect information about your interactions with various segments of the NRNA Website. To improve our programs, services and communications, we may collect information such as language settings, geographical area, area code and time zone where the NRNA website is being used. If we combine personal information with non-personal information, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
NRNA website may use “cookies”, pixel tags and other web technologies to help us:
- Understand user behaviour and activity.
- Save your preferences, which enables us to provide you with a more personalized service.
- Track and measure the performance of our communication channels, so that we can reach more users like you and increase our impact.
- Compile aggregate data about website traffic and interactions so that we can keep improving the user experience.
- Like many other web-based services and programs, we gather some types of information automatically, including Internet Protocol (IP) addresses, browser type and language, internet service provider (ISP), referral or exit websites, operating system and date/time.
- Trusted Third Parties
We take the security of your personal information very seriously and take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal information is stored securely and complies with data protection best practices.
We enter into agreements with all of our third-party tools and services to ensure that use of your personal information is strictly controlled for the purposes of providing and administering the NRNA only, and that they do not have the right to use or access your information for any use outside the context of NRNA.
- Links to Other Sites
Our Data Usage Policy changes from time to time. We will post any changes in here and, if the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice on our website.
If you have any questions about our Data Usage Policy, please contact us. Your privacy is important to us and we are always striving to do better.
Membership Declaration & Active Consent:
I certify, under penalty of perjury, that I am eligible and willing to be the member of Non-Resident Nepali Association (NRNA). I further certify that the information provided on this form and any documents submitted by me are complete, true and correct.
I provide my consent to save, process and transmit my personal data and the documents for the use of organizational purpose for International Coordination Committee and National Coordination Committee of my country of residence. I provide my electronic consent to use and process my data under the prevailing data protection legislations of the country.
Terms and Condition of NRNA membership:
- By submitting your application of membership, you are committing to abide by statute of NRNA and its administration.
- All NRNA NCC are given required facilities to offer the membership of NRNA to the individual eligible NRNs in their country, who are interested and meet conditions of the membership.
- Interested and eligible individuals are offered for the membership with their personal consent to disclose their data and proof for the fact verification purpose as per the terms of personal data.
- NRNA NCC is required charge a fee to each individual to be an eligible member and NCC can charge additional fee incorporating local expenses for the processing of membership data.
- Individual members are subject to cancellation if an individual withdraws the application in writing or NRNA may decide to cancel if an individual has found to be in breach or conflict or inconsistency with provision contained in the body of Conditions of NRNA membership. The membership fee is not subject to refund once the application is accepted as valid.
- In order to be an eligible voter or candidate of NCC or ICC elections, members are required to remain a valid member within stipulated period, as prescribed by NRNA.
- Membership benefits including entry at certain events, facilities or discounts are not exclusively avail based on the valid membership only, they are subject to terms of the individual benefits concerned.
- The agreement does not create, confer or purport to confer any benefit or right enforceable by any person not part of the membership.
- NRNA ICC can share membership data and other information to the relevant NCC for the administrator of organisation.
- This shall be governed by Law of Nepal, and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the court of law in Nepal.